Get Help With Your Water Damage Insurance Claim from Trusted Public Adjusters
Rain, rain, go away… It’s not hard to believe, but water damage insurance claims are the most frequently reported property damage claim. Because of their frequency and because they cause significant financial expense to insurance providers, you may find that the fast and easy settlement you were promised suddenly turned into a long, hard battle with your insurance agent.
Hunter Claims is ready to help victims of water damage like you and let you rest easy while our experts take care of your insurance claims. Our friendly, experienced adjusters will use the latest technology like moisture mapping and thermal imaging to prove water damage occurred so your insurance provider gives you a claim settlement that can account for all repairs and restoration. We won’t rest until your claim is settled to your satisfaction.
Tips For Submitting Water Damage Insurance Claims
It’s not uncommon for the claim adjuster that your insurance provider sends out to do an evaluation to underestimate or flat out deny your water damage claim because there doesn’t appear to be damages on the surface. If you’re Due to the often illusive nature of water, your claim adjuster sent out by the insurance company may underestimate or deny your water damage claim. With that in mind, follow these tips to keep your claim on-track if you’re not quite ready to hire a public adjuster:
- Ask for a digital or physical copy of your insurance policy from your agent - and make sure it’s certified! This contract will detail your coverage, your responsibilities and any mold provisions or limitations. Never hesitate to contact an experienced public adjuster interpretation if something seems unclear or if there’s a dispute over coverage or policy language.
- Mitigate the water damage to prevent additional or further damages. Do not restore your damaged property until after you have agreed on the scope and amount of damages with your insurance provider.
- Document the damages with photos and/or video. If it is required to tear out dry wall or flooring before the insurance company’s claim adjuster can survey the damage, save samples.
- Request the use of technology by your insurance adjuster to diagnose and document the full extent of the water damage. If your insurance company does not utilize thermal or infrared imaging or moisture mapping technology, consider hiring a public adjuster that does in order to get a fair settlement.
- Obtain third-party damage repair/restoration estimates to gauge the true cost repair for your water-damaged property from at least three different contractors.
- Demand a written explanation from your insurance provider if your water damage claim is not settled within 45 days.
- Contact a trusted or experienced public insurance adjuster if your insurance provider is not responsive or requires you to submit a Proof of Loss form for your water damage insurance claim.
Does Your Water Damage Insurance Cover You?
Did Your Insurance Provider Deny Your Water Damage Claim?
Unfortunately, it’s common for water damage claims to get denied or undervalued. Our experienced public adjusters will review your case to assess if your water damage claim has been wrongfully denied or undervalued.
Always get a second opinion from a public adjuster if your insurance company denied your water damage insurance claim due to any of the following causes:
- “…a long, ongoing leak.”
- “…an unrepaired leak.”
- “…a preventable maintenance issue.”
- “…failure to mitigate damages.”
- “…failure to maintain heat and electricity to a building, resulting in burst or broken pipe.”
- “…failure to drain or properly maintain sprinkler system.”
- “…failure to have NFIP coverage for a flood insurance claim.”
Join our team
Our expertise and aggressive approach enables us to speed up the insurance claim process and show your insurance company the true value of your claim.
Get The Help With Your Claim
That You Deserve
Our expert public adjusters are prepared to give you the help you need. We give every case the attention it deserves so you can rest assured that your claim will be settled to your satisfaction.
Call us today at 813-774-7634 for a FREE inspection and evaluation of your claim!
You can also email us at email@example.com to learn more and schedule an initial consultation.