Get Help with your Sinkhole Damage Claim from Trusted Public Adjusters
Sinkholes are a natural phenomenon that occur here in Florida because of frequent rainfall that erodes the limestone beneath the soil. Most of the time, there are signs before a sinkhole opens, but they can cause serious damage or injury. Do not wait if you suspect that your home may be experiencing sinkhole-related damage. Contact us for a free consultation immediately, and we’ll dispatch a team of professionals to survey your property and determine whether you have a claim.
Tips For Determining Sinkhole Activity On Your Property
It’s not uncommon for the claim adjuster that your insurance provider sends out to do an evaluation to underestimate or flat out deny your water damage claim because there doesn’t appear to be damages on the surface. If you’re Due to the often illusive nature of water, your claim adjuster sent out by the insurance company may underestimate or deny your water damage claim. With that in mind, follow these tips to keep your claim on-track if you’re not quite ready to hire a public adjuster:
- Depressions or holes in your yard
- Cracks, separations and nail protrusions to interior walls and ceilings
- Cracks may appear on walls in a diagonal or “stair step” pattern - most often exterior walls
- Doors or windows that won’t open or shut properly
- Cracks along pool decks and patios
- Cracked, broken or hollow-sounding floor tiles
- Uneven floors or pavement
Note: These signs do not definitively indicate sinkhole activity. Our adjusters can provide advice on sinkhole coverage under your homeowner’s policy and help to litigate disputes regarding your homeowner’s coverage.
FAQs Regarding Sinkhole Activity And Insurance Coverage
- How do I know if I have sinkhole activity?There are many signs, but none of them are definitive proof without getting a professional consultation. Physical signs to your home are a good indication, such as cracks to exterior stucco and cinder blocks, cracks to windows sills and cracks to patio areas, drive ways and garage floors
- What should I do if I think I have sinkhole activity?Call our office immediately to start the process of getting an evaluation and submitting an insurance claim. Do not wait to take action if you suspect sinkhole activity.
- Will I be able to get coverage at a future point?You may be able to get future coverage depending on which county you reside in, whether or not it is cost-prohibitive or if insurance companies are still offering coverage.
- Will my property value decrease after reporting a claim, even if there is not actually sinkhole activity?No, your property value will not decrease for reporting a claim if it’s determined there is not actual sinkhole activity.
- If I do have sinkhole activity, will my property value be negatively affected?Your property value may change depending on the level of sinkhole activity unless your property is completely restored to its pre-loss condition.
- Will my insurance premiums increase drastically?Most homeowners’ insurance premiums will increase if sinkhole coverage is an elected peril.
- What will happen if my insurance company denies my insurance claim?Contact us immediately if your insurance provider denies your claim. We will work to determine if your provider unjustly denied your claim and what steps can be taken next.
- What if sinkhole activity coverage is no longer provided in my policy?Unfortunately, if a sinkhole coverage option is not provided, you will not have coverage from that insurance provider unless you experience catastrophic damage to your home, such as it falling into a hole (collapse sinkhole).
- If I do have sinkhole activity, how much will it cost to have it repaired?Cost always depends on the extent of the damage. We recommend getting at least three restoration quotes before making a decision with how to proceed.
Join our team
Our expertise and aggressive approach enables us to speed up the insurance claim process and show your insurance company the true value of your claim.
Get The Help With Your Claim
That You Deserve
Our expert public adjusters are prepared to give you the help you need. We give every case the attention it deserves so you can rest assured that your claim will be settled to your satisfaction.
Call us today at 813-774-7634 for a FREE inspection and evaluation of your claim!
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and schedule an initial consultation.